1) Is NNS a not-for-profit organization?
Yes, NNS is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization.
2) Does NNS teach theology?
No, NNS does not teach theology.
3) Is NNS affiliated with Nauraushaun Presbyterian Church?
No, NNS is not affiliated with Nauraushaun Presbyterian Church. We lease space from the church for the school.
4) How often do parents participate in class?
Participation in the preschool classes is no longer a requirement of the school. We welcome parents to come into their child's classrooms to read, do a craft or anything that would make it a learning experience for the class.
5) Is NNS a certified Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) preschool?
Yes, NNS is an approved UPK preschool.
6) Does NNS choose which students get selected for UPK?
No, NNS is not involved in the application or selection process for UPK. All UPK decisions are handled through
Child Care Resources of Rockland or East Ramapo CSD.
7) What happens if my child is registered for the upcoming school year at NNS and then gets accepted to
Any student registered at NNS for the upcoming school year will automatically have a spot at NNS if selected for
the UPK program.
8) Do students need to be toilet-trained?
Students in the 3's, 4's and Summer Camp programs need to be toilet-trained. Students
in the 2's program do not need to be toilet-trained.